Saturday, October 11, 2014

NaNoWriMo and What I'm Writing...

Hello again!

This blog post is both an informative one and a personal one. So let's get started!

First off, NANOWRIMO IS COMING! If you do not already know, NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) is an entire month dedicated to writing 50k words in a month, and takes place in November of every year. They also have a CAMP NANOWRIMO which takes place in April and July of every yea, with the same goal in mind. 

I, personally, have participated twice (once in the traditional NaNoWriMo and again in Camp) and both times I have won (those books I talked about last time? Yeah, those were the ones I wrote in those two months). 

My first book, which I wrote in November of 2013, is called Subject 1815195, and it is a futuristic retelling of Sleeping Beauty with conspiracies and action and romance all mixed into one. I, at first, planned for it to be a series, but then saw that I didn't know how I was going to extend it as much, and decided for it to be a standalone (which is a shame because I had an awesome title for the sequel [Subject to Change]). The accumulative word count of this book was 47, 526 words.

My second book, which I wrote in April of 2014, is called All Of My Beautiful Wickedness, and it is a "sequel" to The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, by L. Frank Baum. Basically, it is where Dorothy is now sixteen and in an insane asylum, but is then transported back to Oz and finds out the Wicked Witches (both of them) survived, and have taken back control. That one was my favorite of the two, for two reasons: 1) I was really into the story and didn't have as much writer's block as I did the first go-around. 2) The accumulative word count was 60, 413 words in all (and I still wrote it in that 30 day guideline). 

For this November, I am planning on writing yet another book! The thing is, I don't know what the hell I'm going to write about...I was thinking about doing fantasy, but the issue is, I have no idea how to do that. Any advice? Because I have this awesome (to me) idea about dragons and magic that I really want to write. 

So, what are you guys planning on writing for NaNoWriMo (if you are participating, that is [which you definitely should!])?

No comments:

Post a Comment